Saturday, August 8, 2009

A better trouser

J Crew chins



Gap chinos



So I went shopping yesterday with my daughter, and I was so frustrated when trying on pants. I love wearing chinos to work (I teach high school), as they are comfortable and not too dressy... and I don't feel like I need to wear un-comfy heels or boots with them, like I do with my dress pants. But I just don't like how they fit. If I get 'em to fit in the waist, they're too tight in the butt and thighs, but if I get 'em to fit in the nether regions, they gap at the waist.

Therefore, today I am going to begin on a new endeavor: making the perfect pair of chinos. We're going to Jo-Ann this morning (after said daughter wakes up) to find fabric and maybe a pattern. I think I'll use my favorite chinos (from Gap) as a model, just easing things a bit in the backside and thigh.

I'm thinking I might add a splash of color in the inside of the pockets and maybe on the belt loops. I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment