Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shirt modifications

Here's my dilemma: I got this shirt last summer at my favorite store, and I like how it looks on the hanger, but when I put it on, it makes me look pregnant.





It came with a narrow belt made of the same fabric and loops maybe an inch above my natural waistline, but wearing the belt there just looks ridiculous on me, so I cut off the loops and tried wearing the belt here:



It wasn't very comfortable, though, and it still looked too blousy around my waist. I'm thinking of folding up the hem and making a casing, then running either narrow 1/4" elastic or the belt through it to make it have a different shape. Or maybe both the belt and the elastic?

I wish I knew how to do this:

Photo courtesy of A/Wear

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment